Dr. Almino Ramos
Dr. Almino Ramos is a world renowned bariatric surgeon from Brazil who has specialized in treating obesity through bariatric surgery since 1999. He is on the board of trustees for the IFSO, was the president of IFSO from 2018-2019, and has co-authored over 100 peer-reviewed publications on treating obesity. He is fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
We are excited to offer Dr. Ramos’s expertise to our patients and our team is excited to work at his side. He is performing surgeries on the last Friday & Saturday of each month at the Elias Ortiz Surgical Center in Tijuana, Mexico.
Post Doctoral, Federal University of Pernambuco, UFPE, Brazil
Doctorate in Post-Graduation in Surgery, Federal University of Pernambuco, UFPE, Brazil
Master of Science in Surgery, University of Campinas (UNICAMP)
Specialization in General Surgery, Brazilian College of Surgeons, CBC, Brazil
Specialization, Residency, Digestive System Surgical Clinic Study Center, CECCAD, Brazil
Graduation in Medicine, University of Caxias do Sul, UCS, Brazil
- General Director, Clínica Gastro Obeso Center
- President, Brazilian Society of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Titular Member of Bariatrics, Brazilian Society of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Fellow, American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- President, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Specialist Member, The Brazilian Society of Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- Specialist Member, The Brazilian College of Surgeons
- Best communication at work: GASTRIC BYPASS EN-Y-DE-ROUX, VERTICAL GASTRECTOMÍA THE GASTRIC BYPASS OF UNA ANASTOMOSIS AS TECHNIQUES OF RESCATE DEL BANDAJE GÁSTRICO AJUSTABLE. ESTUD, Spanish National Congress of Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases.
- Da vinci surgical system off-site training program, Hartford Hospital.
- Leaders Academy Program, Johnson and Johnson.
- Silver Jubilee, Brazilian Medical Association of Orthomolecular.
- Member, International Development Committee Timeline.
- Honorary Member, Sociedad de Cirujanos de Chile.
- Collaborator of the Bariatric Surgery Committee of the Latin American Federation of Cirugía, Federación Latinoamericana de Cirugía.
- Médaille de Reconnaissance Franco-Américaine Classe Special, Institut Humaniste Reconnaissance – Paris.
- Analysis of Medicine Award, Analysis of Medicine Award for Nomination as One of the Most Admired in the Specialty.
- Hommage by his Participation as Professor of the VIII International Congress of Cir. Laparoscopica Desarrollado, La Sociedad Ecuatoriana de Cirugía Laparoscópica.
- Honorary Member, College of Specialists in General Surgery – Guadalajara.
- Member, Congreso – Institute of Mini Invasive Techniques.
- Member of the Honorary SOVCIBAM, Sociedad Venezolana de Cirugía Bariatrica y Metabolica.
- Invited Professor, The Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery and the Centro America Circulation Federation.
- Analysis The most admired of medicine – Surgery of the Digestive System, Editorial Analysis.
To view more awards for Dr. Almino Ramos please view this PDF.