Dr. Carmen Calleja
Dr. Carmen Calleja has dedicated her entire professional life to the study, education and clinical management of obesity with a special focus on Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
She studied at Harvard Medical School where she was certified in Lifestyle and Culinary Medicine. Additionally she has post-graduate degrees in Human Sexuality Studies and Clinical Nutrition.
She founded APPLES & PEARS®️ Bariatric Health and Education to provide pre and post-op nutritional resources for bariatric patients.
Elias Ortiz & Company is excited to share Dr. Calleja’s experience with you and to enhance our nutritional support for our patients.
- Founder and Director, APPLES & PEARS®️ Bariatric Health and Education
- Bariatric Physician, Hospital Ángeles Tijuana
- Professor of Post-Graduate Course: “Bariatric Surgery and Multidisciplinary Management of Obesity”, Hospital Ángeles Tijuana
- Culinary Medicine Program Director, Culinary Art School
- Member, Mexican College of Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases (CMCOEM)
- Member, International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
Certified in Lifestyle Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Certified in Culinary Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Post-Graduation in Human Sexuality Studies, Instituto Mexicano de Sexología
Post-Graduation in Clinical Nutrition, Universidad Iberoamericana
Graduate, Medical School, Universidad Autonoma de Baja California