Dr. Manoel Galvao Neto
Dr. Manoel Galvao Neto is one of the forefathers of Bariatric Endoscopy. A field he has helped create and been crafting for the last 20 years that now is one of the essential fields in obesity medicine.
On this journey, he published hundreds of scientific articles in the most important medical journals, books in three different languages, and thousands of presentations in medical meetings worldwide. He also helped develop devices and methods currently used in the clinical practice of bariatric endoscopy, like intragastric balloons and the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (Endo Sleeve).
He also helped create the most used methods to endoscopically treat bariatric surgery complications sparing the patients from needing further surgery.
Not just developing those methods, Dr. Galvao Neto has treated thousands of patients and trained hundreds of doctors all over the world
You can check his biography published in Obesity Surgery, one of the most important journals in weight loss surgery.
Professional Experience & Education
- Head of Bariatric Endoscopy service at EOC, Mexico
- Clinical professor of gastroenterology and surgery at SAIMS University, Indore, India
- Affiliate Professor of Surgery at ABC College of Medicine, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Head of Bariatric Endoscopy service at Mohak Bariatric Center, Indore, India
- Scientific Director at Endovitta Institute Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Director of Innovation at International Bariatric Club – IBC, Oxford, England
- “Surgical Innovation Award” Recipient by ASBMS in 2015, USA
- International Committee member at ASGE, USA
- Flexible Endoscopy Committee member at SAGES, USA
- Bariatric (Endoscopy) Committee member at AFS, USA
- Editorial Board member of Obesity Surgery, Surgical Laparoscopy Endoscopy & Percutaneous Technique, Bariatric Times and Archives of Gastroenterology
- International Fellow of ASMBS – FASMBS
- International Fellow of ASGE – FASGE
- First Chairman of Bariatric Endoscopy Committee at International Federation for Surgery of Obesity – IFSO at its creation
- Past Advisory Board Member of Association of Bariatric Endoscopy –ABE (ASGE division) at its creation
- Past Chairman of Bariatric Endoscopy Nucleus at Brazilian society of Endoscopy and Brazilian Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery – IFSO
- MD from Bahia Medical School in Brazil
- Master in Digestive Surgery from Sao Pauli University, Brazil
- Board-certified (Brazilian) specialist in Digestive Surgery (CBCD),
- Gastroenterology (FBG), and Digestive Endoscopy (SOBED)