You want to pack light. Pack like you are going away for a 3-day weekend, because you will be in the hospital for two days.
The following is a list of suggested items to bring with you to Tijuana:
- CPAP machine – If you use a CPAP, then bring it with you. If you forget to bring yours, you can rent one, but it will be an extra expense. The hospital and the hotel have the same 110 outlets as in the United States.
- ALL Medications – It is very important to bring your medications with you and discuss a plan with the doctors as to when to restart your medications post-op. No vitamins are needed while in Tijuana.
- A loose night gown, pajamas, or t-shirt
- Slippers or socks with rubber treads on them
- 2 changes of comfortable clothing and extra under clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes for shopping
- Heating pad or portable small hot water bottle
- Laptop and/or tablet and an extension cord
- Cell phone and charger
- Make up, lotions, make up remover, etc.
- Books and/or magazines
- Playing cards
- Sugar-free hard candies
- Bouillon cubes
- Personal toiletries – hairbrush or comb, shampoo, conditioner, antibacterial soap, disposable razor, toothpaste and toothbrush, mouthwash, etc.
- Medical Supplies –You can bring a tube of Dermabond. It is not mandatory, but it is convenient because you do not have to place any bandages on the incision sites that have the surgical glue.
The nurses will show you how to change your bandages and give you some extra supplies, but to make sure you have enough medical supplies while traveling and at airports, bring a few extra sterile gauze squares and medical tape for sensitive skin. Bring some Gas X (chewable is fine) and antibacterial soap like Dial or Hibiclens.